Friday, February 19, 2010

Paudie's 15 minutes


So this is the photo that was featured on TV last night, on Chronicle from the Day in the Life series. Sure the credits were running over it, but that's okay. And yeah we watched Chronicle till 7:50 waiting for it and then turned the channel to Diego so Paudie would get his PJs on so we missed it. And there we were telling him all night he'd be on TV. Sigh.
We haven't taken pics of him in so long. I'll chalk it up to the winter blahs. Maybe we'll get some tomorrow afterall it is "boys haircut day" where all three boys are getting groomed - that is how we are selling it to him. I don't know who will be a more difficult client, Paudie or the dog. But they both need some clean up. I know Paudie is going to balk but we'll just ply him with sugar and hopefully that will soothe him.
So earlier this week we had a two-day run of a hungry boy. It was amazing to see him really eat and to hear him saying that he is hungry and actually wants to eat. But like I said, seems to have been a two-day phase. Drat. I had thought we turned the corner but I guess he was just teasing. We did learn recently that he "loves sushi" (his words) so that's been kind of fun - we get rice and rolls once a week now and he does pretty well with that meal.
Trying to think what else has happened since the last post... Paudie had a great Valentine's day. Lots of chocolate so he was a happy camper. And his mom was too. Last Saturday John took him to a music program at the library and I guess he did pretty well with that - a little standoffish but he eventually got his groove. I'm sure it will be like another year before he goes back to the library because once the weather warms up the homeless people start to sleep there.
Obviously life is pretty mundane right now. Things are quiet, which is good. Paudie continues to enjoy Banjo and continues to get more verbal. This week's gems were "Leave me alone" and "Don't you tickle me... EVER." He loves to throw EVER onto the end of sentences all angry like for effect. He is still sleeping in bigboy bed most nights, though he has little command of head on pillow. I wonder when that will kick in. Every morning I check on him and he is in some new convoluted position. And have I mentioned he is still teething? He's 2 and a half and is missing teeth - and we don't even know if there are teeth coming or if he inherited my dental issues (too many teeth here, not enough there).
In other news, March is coming and you know what that means... I think we might do a small birthday cake for Cian this year to try to involve Paudie more in celebrating his life. Hopefully I won't be bawling my eyes out singing to him... but I probably will be. Hormones.

No comments: