Wednesday, November 25, 2009

tanks a lot

Today's title is in reference to my husband's accent that always doesn't yield an 'aich' sound - used to crack me up when he'd call someone a 'tug.' So here on Thanksgiving eve it's all about the thanks cos right now, this moment at 11:06 AM, I have much to be thankful for. Sure, a lot of things that I feel I got totally gipped (is that how you spell it?) on, but let's face it, for today, November 25 at 11:07 AM, things are good. I have a healthy, energetic son who is the light of my life and a wonderful husband who cooks for me and drives me around. My family is, for the most part, healthy - another year has almost passed and no major, or unexpected, crisises. I have amazing friends, a job that doesn't keep me up at night, a roof over my head, and food on the table. I have a little boy in heaven watching over me.

This year I am especially thankful to be staying put! No travel for us. We are doing dinner on our own for the first time ever. Hopefully the beast of a turkey John bought will defrost in time! I am looking forward to a really traditional, homecooked meal, and the start of the holiday season because Paudie is going to go full tilt this year, I know it. He is already starting to point out lights and Santa Claus. This weekend we will take him to a lighting display where we live and hopefully a parade welcoming Santa. We took him to that parade when he was 3 months old and I remember wishing we could fast forward time and be at a place that he would be aware of it and enjoy it - and here we are. The next few weekends are jampacked with fun holiday stuff. All makes me finally understand that Christmas is really for your children - finally some joy to all the running around and shopping.

So there you have it, an upbeat post from I, Eeyore. Hope you and yours have a lovely Thanksgiving and that despite what might be happening in your own lives that wasn't as expected or as hoped, you too feel blessed for the things you do have that make getting up every day worth it.

No comments: