Friday, February 26, 2010

leave me alone mom.

I was told that at least two times this week, perhaps three. And then there were the times I was blocking the TV or sitting in the spot Paudie wanted to sit. I can't believe two year olds can already sass their parents. It seems like it went from him barely being able to talk to talking to me like I talked my mom for a good 20 years in about no time at at all. So unfair. Where is the unconditional love and cuddling and neediness I ask you?

Big hit last weekend with the boys haircuts. Banjo spent hours being groomed and is like Westminster material, if only he weren't a halfbred southern mutt. And Paudie made it through his cut without a single tear! Even sat in the chair by himself. There were some tense moments, particularly when the razor came out. I have to say, I think we are done with Snip-Its now. The woman who cut us had less than zero charm and personality. Asked me how much I wanted taken off, I said not much/I liked it a little longish... she then proceeded to cut the cast majority of his hair off. Thanks. I think it has been a long time since I met someone working in a service industry who clearly hates her job as much as this charmer. The only reason I rolled with it was that I figured well, at least he won't need another cut for a long time. But he's got way too serious of a look going for my liking.

Since daycare was closed yesterday, John took Paudie to the aquarium. The real aquarium not the New Bedford sham. John has wanted to take him there since the kid was like just able to walk. He was all pumped up. Unfortunately, Paudie hated the crowds, was scared of the fish and only wanted to climb on things he wasn't necessarily supposed to climb on. So it was sort of a let down for John I think. Paudie was so excited the night before and the morning of - and he loves animals - but he just wasn't feeling it I guess. I spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to register him for swimming class this AM and all I could think is, good god I hope this isn't like the aquarium experience. He says he wants to swim, pretends to be a dolphin all the time... is excited about the notion of swimming when I mention it... so we'll see. I think it will be good. John will have to take him though since I think I still gag at the smell of indoor pool chlorine. That reflex is what ended my professional swimming career at a very young age.

Can you believe on Sunday February is over? The most hated month of the year behind us. Hurrah! I have to say though, it was pretty damn tolerable this year. Now we just need to get over the March 7 hump. I hate that's how I feel about Cian's birthday, but anniversaries just loom... almost mocking you. Anticipation can be evil.

No comments: